RoHS, or to use its accurate but somewhat lengthy title “Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment”, will be enforced throughout the European Community from 1st July 2006.
Its aim is simple – to remove a total of six substances from electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), thereby contributing to the protection of human health and the environment.
Although RoHS is a European Union (EU) Directive, manufacturers of EEE outside Europe must also abide by this legislation if the equipment they produce is ultimately imported into a EU member state.
RoHS Compliance Statement
Prototek Fabrication, in an effort to support our customers and supplier base, has committed to RoHS compliance. Pursuant to this effort, we will help our manufacturers as well as our customers manage RoHS introduction. Included in this management process is as follows.
1. Supplier Policies: Inform our customers of our manufacturer’s RoHS policies as these policies continue to evolve.
2. Part Specific Information: Inform customers of specific part number detail on compliance as this information becomes available from our suppliers.
3. Inventory Management: Provide assistance in managing the transition of non-compliant inventory to compliant inventory (specifically product pipeline management).
4. Market Demands: Keep our suppliers posted with market and specific customer needs, which will allow them to be more responsive.
5. Education: Working closely with our supplier partners, Prototek Fabrication will, to the best of our ability, provide our valued customers and employees with the most up to date RoHS related information available.
Vendor RoHS Commitments
* CSI RoHS
* JMD RoHS
* Prototek Fabrication RoHS
* SOTHERN MAINE RoHS
Supplier Specific Information:
3M – Regulatory Issues Information on 3M.com
Accuride – RoHS Compliance Letter
Amphenol RF – RoHS Information on amphenolrf.com
Apple Rubber Products Inc. – EU 2003/1//EC Compliance Statement
Associated Spring Raymond – RoHS Response
Bergquist – RoHS compliance from bergquistcompany.com
Bivar – RoHS Position on bivar.com
Bossard – Change Over to Chromium Free Information
Brighton Best – RoHS Certification Document
Dodge Inserts – RoHS Letter
Helicoil – RoHS Statement
Heyco – Certificate of Composition from heyco.com
Keystone – RoHS Statement
Manufacturer’s Rubber & Supply – RoHS Compliance Statement
Mill-Max – MILL-MAX Mfg. Corp Policy on Environmentally Controlled and Restricted Substances
* Lead Free Plans from molex.com
* Feature Search RoHS / Lead-free
Panduit – RoHS Compliance Info from Panduit.com
Penn Engineering – RoHS Directive Compliance
PIC Design – RoHS/WEEE Compliance Certification
POP / Emhart Teknologies – RoHS Compliance Statement
RAF – RoHS Compliance Information
Rotor Clip – RoHS/ELV Information
Seastrom – RoHS Compliance Certificate
Southco – RoHS Position Statement
WCL – WCL Statement of Compliance
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the statements contained on this page do not represent legal advice and are presented without any warranty as to accuracy. This material represents our interpretation of the environmental regulations that have been passed, or are under consideration, in various regions throughout the world. Before acting on any of this information, you will have to verify the accuracy of our interpretation with your own legal counsel.